69/1 Dixon St, Sydney NSW 2000
(02) 9267 7045
Delima is one of the best Indonesian restaurants I have come across in Sydney. Great flavours, and authentic use of Indonesian spices.
This time we had:
- Meehun Goreng – Stir-fry vermicelli noodle with seafood (17.95). This was delicious, recommend this or the Mee Goreng (thick yellow noodles).
- Tempe Tahu Kuning – Indonesian style seasoned deep fried tofu and deep fried fermented yellow bean blocks. Served with dried shrimp chili paste (14.95). To be honest, not a massive fan of this, I don’t particularly like the dry texture of it, however in fairness it is done well.
- Ayam Kari – Old times favorite Sumatran curry chicken (19.95). This is a thumbs up, great full flavoured dish with rich gravy and tender chicken pieces which go so well with the coconut rice.
- Ikan Sambal Balado – Deep fried fish fillet topped with Indonesian style garlic and chili based sauce (24.95). This is a great dish, fish is cooked perfectly and the sauce is flavour-full. Though not for the faint-chilli-hearted. This dish really packs a punch chill-wise. Even I have a tongue burning sensation after a couple of bits of this.
- Coconut rice & sambal chilli. The coconut rice is well worth ordering. It is moreish to eat even by itself.
Value for money: 7.5/10
Overall Score: 31.5/40