Shop 12 Ground Floor Regent Place Shopping Centre
501 George St
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone:(02) 9267 8877
Chef’s Gallery is a great dumpling and hand-made noodle place in the heart of the Sydney CBD. Consistently good quality food, consistently crowded, and in my experience the food always looks like the picture in the menu.
The beef noodle soup, is pretty impressive. Flavourful and full-bodied soup stock, lots of tender beef strips and handmade spinach noodles. It is a very large satisfying bowl. 15.9
- Shredded peking duck with cucumber and hoisin sauce rolled inside a fluffy Chinese roti (6pcs) 16.8. Very well put together, great flavour.
- Crispy fried savoury daikon radish cakes with diced Chinese sausage and minced dried prawns (4pcs) 9.9. Tasty little morsels. I liked the fine golden brown crumbs on the outside.
- lighly pan fried prawn pot stickers using jumbo prawns wrapped in a pastry (6pcs) (13.9). This never fails to be a pleaser. The prawns are always so plump and succulent and the pastry has a great bite and crunch to it.
- Squid ink handmade noodles wok fried with mussels and calamari tubes braised with Chinese rice wine on a buttery garlic sauce (20.9). ( I have to say these are nice, but I still prefer the spinach noodles wok fried with seafood, with dried prawn roe (19.9)
- Last, but not least, we ordered the ‘chef’s own handmade egg and spinach tofu, lightly fried, topped with preserved vegetables’ (14.9). Beautifully executed, and one of my favourite dishes.
Value for money: 7.5/10
Overall Score: 31/40