# 01 – 23. Block 10
Dempsey Rd, Singapore
Reservations: +65 9224 6611
I love PS Cafe and I equally love ChoPSuey – great name.
- San choy pau a.k.a DIY lettuce cup – cool iceberg cups filled with minced chicken and pork, sweet corn, Chinese mushrooms, tofu, beansprouts and sugar snaps in a sticky sauce, with fresh herbs.
- lobster soup
- General Tso’s Chicken Drumlets – petie chicken drumlets coated in black and white sesame seeds and fried in a Mongolian sweet red vinegar sauce, plated with chargrilled brussel sprouts and broccoli (didn’t eat the brussel sprouts… but the rest of the dish was very satisfying).
- Pork Chops with chips and Edamame – pork fillets topped with a rich sweet and sour tomato sauce, stake chips and Edamame
- Jade fried rice- long grain jasmine rice stirfried with egg and chopped spinach, basil and mint
- Stir-fried crunchy leafy greens with whole baby garlic, white pepper and rice wine
- Spiced pineapple galette – homemade cinnamon and clove fresh pineapple jam and crisped flaky crust served with vanilla bean ice cream and sweet cinnamon dust
- sweet almond panacotta
- creme brulee
All the dishes delivered on taste, quality, freshness and presentation. I was not dis-hearted at anything that was laid on the table. My personal highlights were the san choy pau, which was fresh and popped on your taste buds; and the pork chops, steak chips and edamame with sweet and sour tomato sauce – this really reminded me of a dish my Por Por (grandmother) used to cook. Really memory conjuring.
Value for money: 8/10
Overall Score: 34/40