Tung Lok Seafood Restaurant
Orchard Central #11-05
181 Orchard Road
Tel : +65 6834 4888
Tung Lok Group has many restaurants, two of which (Upper Jurong and Orchard Central) specialise in Seafood, and I must say they do it very well.
The edemame is a nice appetite wetter, as oppose to prawn crackers or peanuts.
- Deep-fried prawn in beancurd skin – The skin was so light and super crunchy, and the prawns inside were extremely piping hot, succulent and juicy.
- Har Gao – which was very good quality chunky prawn meat.
- Pork and vegetable wonton in chili and garlic sauce
- Deep-fried eggplant with pork floss – one of my favourite dishes of the day, the eggplant is tender and light and goes so well with the pork sweet/salty pork floss.
- Crispy baby squid, which is on a bed of rice crispy strands and melon bits.
- Carrot cake – which again I really enjoyed.
- deep fried fish skin, with salted egg yolk – you have to arrive fairly early in the lunch sitting (so it is very advisable to book in advance for an early seating) to be able to order this dish. Once it’s sold out for the day, it’s sold out. The fish skin is fried to perfection, it doesn’t feel oily. It is obviously cooked with very fresh oil, quickly, taken out to drain, and then tossed in a yellow salted egg yolk coating. Truly delicious dish! Highly recommend this.
Value for money: 8/10
Overall Score: 33/40